The Resource Centre supports the on-site programs and provides resources to assist the support teachers in service delivery to other schools, centres and homes.
Click to view resources available for teachers of enrolled students in both Kilparrin School and Statewide Support Service (SSS).
The Kilparrin Resource Centre is a shared facility with the South Australian School for the Vision Impaired (SASVI), although the collections are entirely separate.
The professional collection comprises a comprehensive range of texts reflecting Kilparrin's specific areas of focus, including:
- the education and functional assessment of students with sensory impairment (vision and/or hearing) and additional disabilities
- Deafblind education
- Orientation and Mobility
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Lilli Nielsen's Active Learning approach
- As well as maintaining an up-to-date collection of books on these subjects, Kilparrin also subscribes to relevant journals and associations.
A range of children’s books have been adapted using:
- large print
- Auslan signs in English word order
- picture symbols
- a range of electronic formats
- book boxes
Book boxes contain a range of items to augment the text e.g. Grandpa and Thomas (Pamela Allen, Penguin Australia, 2005) - spray bottle of water, towelling, sunblock, umbrella, feather, shells, textured sand on cardboard.